Rio Tinto Dividend History ASX RIO Dividends Yield and Payout Ratio
Rio Tinto paid dividend of 517.11c per share on 15 Apr 2021. The ex-dividend date for this dividend was 04 Mar 2021. The dividend amount was paid at franking rate of 100%. Rio Tinto is paying dividends since or before Apr 2010.
The dividend yield of RIO is 3.58%. The dividend yield is defined as amount of dividend paid divided by the share price.
The average dividend yield in last 5 years is 4.72%. The RIO dividend payout ratio is 63.85%. The dividend payout ratio is defined as dividend amount divided by earning per share (EPS). If the dividend payout ratio is more than 100% then it means the company is paying more in dividend than what it is currently earning. For a good dividend paying company the ideal payout ratio should be less than 70%.
Key Dividend Metrics
Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) Latest Dividend
Following is the latest dividend details announced to the eligible shareholders of Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO). The dividend was paid to those shareholders who held the shares until the ex-dividend date.
|Ex. Dividend Date||Thursday, 04 Mar 2021|
|Dividend Payment Date||Thursday, 15 Apr 2021|
Rio Tinto Dividend History
Following table shows the history of dividend amount, ex-dividend date, payment date for Rio Tinto.
|04 Mar 2021||15 Apr 2021||517.11c||100%|
|06 Aug 2020||17 Sep 2020||216.47c||100%|
|05 Mar 2020||16 Apr 2020||350c||100%|
|08 Aug 2019||19 Sep 2019||308c||100%|
|07 Mar 2019||18 Apr 2019||590c||100%|
|09 Aug 2018||20 Sep 2018||171c||100%|
|01 Mar 2018||12 Apr 2018||229c||100%|
|10 Aug 2017||21 Sep 2017||138c||100%|
|23 Feb 2017||06 Apr 2017||164c||100%|
|11 Aug 2016||22 Sep 2016||59.13c||100%|
|24 Feb 2016||07 Apr 2016||152c||100%|
|12 Aug 2015||10 Sep 2015||145c||100%|
|04 Mar 2015||09 Apr 2015||153c||100%|
|13 Aug 2014||11 Sep 2014||103c||100%|
|05 Mar 2014||10 Apr 2014||120c||100%|
|14 Aug 2013||12 Sep 2013||93c||100%|
|06 Mar 2013||11 Apr 2013||91.67c||100%|
|15 Aug 2012||13 Sep 2012||68.51c||100%|
|29 Feb 2012||12 Apr 2012||84.2c||100%|
|10 Aug 2011||08 Sep 2011||49.81c||100%|
|02 Mar 2011||31 Mar 2011||61.94c||100%|
|11 Aug 2010||09 Sep 2010||49.27c||100%|
|24 Feb 2010||01 Apr 2010||51.56c||100%|
Rio Tinto Dividend Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the ex-dividend date of Rio Tinto (RIO)?
The ex-dividend date for most recent dividend of Rio Tinto was 04 Mar 2021.
2. What is the payment date for most recent dividend of Rio Tinto (RIO)?
As per the latest dividend details, the dividend payment date was 15 Apr 2021.
3. What is the dividend yeild of Rio Tinto (RIO)?
The trailing twelve months dividend yeild of Rio Tinto is 3.58%.
4. How often does the Rio Tinto (RIO) pays Dividends?
In 2020, Rio Tinto paid dividends in Invalid date and Invalid date making its dividend payment frequency 2 times in a year.
5. What is the dividend payout ratio of Rio Tinto (RIO)?
The latest dividend payout ratio of Rio Tinto (RIO) was 63.85%.
Companies similar to Rio Tinto (RIO)
- Adbri Dividend History
- Alumina Dividend History
- Amcor Plc Dividend History
- Bhp Group Dividend History
- Bluescope Steel Dividend History
- Boral Dividend History
- Brickworks Dividend History
- CSR Dividend History
- Evolution Mining Dividend History
- Fletcher Building Dividend History
- Fortescue Metals Group Dividend History
- Gold Road Resources Dividend History
- IGO Dividend History
- Iluka Resources Dividend History
- Incitec Pivot Dividend History
- James Hardie Industries Plc Dividend History
- Lynas Rare Earths Dividend History
- Mineral Resources Dividend History
- Newcrest Mining Dividend History
- Northern Star Resources Dividend History
- Nufarm Dividend History
- Orica Dividend History
- Orocobre Dividend History
- Orora Dividend History
- Oz Minerals Dividend History
- Perenti Global Dividend History
- Pilbara Minerals Dividend History
- Regis Resources Dividend History
- Resolute Mining Dividend History
- Rio Tinto Dividend History
- Sandfire Resources Dividend History
- Silver Lake Resources Dividend History
- Sims Dividend History
- South32 Dividend History
- St Barbara Dividend History
- Western Areas Dividend History